Here’s an attempt to write out an outline of my recent Japan trip. I will eventually write specific posts on certain topics.
- Depart from KL to Tokyo
- Reach Haneda airport at 10:30PM local time
- Checked into Hotel Imalle Haneda for the night
- Went to a nearby 7 eleven (My first experience in a Japanese Kombini)
- Checked out from Hotel Imalle Haneda
- Took the train/subway to Shinjuku station
- Rented a car (impromptu) due to the good weather. Lucky to get one!
- Went to Lake Kawaguchigo, saw the magnificent Mt. Fuji
- Ate local Houtou noodles which was SO GOOD!
- Went to the Chureito Pagoda where the famed pic of mt fuji + pagoda +sakura was taken.
- Checked into Airbnb apartment in Shinjuku.
- Awesome dinner at Niboshi Ramen, Shinjuku
- Bought snacks from a nearby kombini
- Hot water problem in our apartment (not happy gent)
- Had breakfast in a bakery downstairs
- Walked around Shinjuku – metropolitan gov building
- Walked to Yoyogi park
- Saw Meiji Shrine
- Walked to Harajuku and had crepes
- Cooked our own Okonomiyaki and Monjayaki at Sakura Tei
- Walked to Omotesando and saw many great architectural buildings
- Took the train to Shibuya (so many ppl)
- Muji was HUGE, it even had a cafe.
- Bought my Supra women shoes in PARCO
- Went back to shinjuku and had our yakitori dinner in Omoide Yokocho (what an experience)
- walked through the red light district in Shinjuku
- bought snacks from a nearby kombini
- Took the train to Tsukiji market
- Love the daifuku, ate uni rice (sea urchins), had big fat juicy grilled scallops
- took the bus to Odaiba
- bought some stuff from a supermarket
- Saw the statue of liberty and Gundam
- Took the train to Yokohama
- Osanbashi pier was pretty cool
- Had Japanese curry rice in Coco Curry (CocoIchibanya)
- Went to Chinatown in Yokohama and saw Malaysian Lion dance troupe performing (lol?)
- bought more stuff from a supermarket
- back in shinjuku – golden gai
- had instant ramen for breakfast
- went to Asakusa – sensoji
- Had awesome ramen at asakusa
- Walked to Kappabashi Kitchen town but it was closed 😦
- Walked to Ueno Park
- Took the train to Yanaka and bought lotsa mini whiskey!
- Took the train to Akihabara
- Went back to shibuya for sushi train dinner
- went to hipster town in Tokyo
- Super cold day
- Went to Ropponggi and had really good ramen at Menya Musashi ramen
- Walked to Ropponggi Hills
- Took the bus back to Shinjuku
- Did our laundry in a laundromat in Shinjuku
- Pack for kyoto
- checked out airbnb apt in Shinjuku
- took the Hikari shinkansen to Kyoto! Ate ekiben in the shinkansen
- Kyoto station is HUGE!
- Took the hotel transfer to ANA crowne hotel.
- walked alotttttt – Nijo castle, Heian Shrine, Philisopher’s path, Yasaka Shrine
- Took the taxi to Honke Owariya where we had really good Soba for dinner
- Chill in our hotel for the night.
- checked out of our hotel early in the morning. Left our luggages in the hotel.
- Took the train to Arashiyama
- Had pretty crappy breakfast in front of the bamboo grove
- Bamboo grove was filled with tourists.
- Walked to many different shrines. Love the shrines. Found a hidden bamboo grove in a shrine.
- Walk to the river, famous noodles stall by the river was closed.
- It was a pretty cold day.
- bought miscl food to eat
- Took train back to Kyoto, check into our airbnb apt
- Went to Nishiki market for dinner
- bought bread for breakfast
- Had bread for breakfast
- Kimono rental experience
- Walked around old kyoto in a kimono
- Had lunch in Hisago (famous for their Oyakodon)
- Ishibe alley, ninenzaka, sanenzaka and Kiyomizudera temple didn’t disappoint.
- Had soy bean + matcha ice cream
- Had kombini store food for dinner (YS had Omurice, I had Katsudon)
- Chill at home at night
- Had breakfast at home
- took the shinkansen to Osaka
- Saw the Umeda Sky BUilding
- Went to the Takoyaki museum
- Had Kushiage from a friendly uncle’s stall in Shinsekai
- Saw the Osaka Castle
- Saw the glico man in Dotonbori
- Took the shinkansen back to Kyoto
- Drop by a local supermarket (favourite supermarket, it has everything) and bought snacks and breakfast for the next few days
- Had snacks and chilled at home
- Pouring day
- Took the train to Fushimi Inari taisha
- Climbed for 2 hours.
- Took the train to Nara
- Still pouring
- Saw the crazy man who beats the crap outta his mochi in Nara
- Saw lotsa deers in Nara
- Still pouring.
- Had dinner in Kyoto station
- Went home and took a hot bath.
- Did our laundry but the dryer wasn’t working -.-
- Dried our clothes with hairdryer and heater, wish for the best
- Quickly packed our luggage. Thank god they are dry
- Checked our from airbnb apt, took the bus to kyoto station
- bought ekiben, took the shinkansen to Tokyo
- Checked in APA hotel
- Went and que for an hour for Shake Shack
- Walked to Tokyo Tower
- Last snack from Kombini
- Checked out APA hotel, left luggage in hotel
- Went to Akihabara and bought lotsa souvenirs, gachapons
- Had awesome curry rice in a local curry rice specialty shop in akihabara
- Went to Tokyo Station
- Saw the outsides of the Imperial castle
- Back in the station; Bought lotsa souvenirs – tokyo banana, kitkats, sweet potato tarts etc etc etc
- Had our last ramen meal in Rokurinsha
- Back to the hotel and stuffed our luggage crazy with the souvenirs.
- Took the train to Haneda airport
- Haneda airport was pretty cool
- BYE JAPAN! T.T